We set aside a minimum of 30 minutes at the end of every session for our participants to ask our experts questions. If you can't stay for the Q&A, all videos are available for viewing for paid Global Members.
If you submit a question for our experts during the session and stay for the hour, you will be auto-enrolled in our raffle and can win an Amazon gift card and a 1-year Global Membership to (CS)²AI.
You can receive 1 continuing education and/or development credit for each (CS)²AI Virtual Meetup Series event? Members who attend the primary 60 min session will receive an email with a certificate of attendance.
- Case Study on Attack Detection & Response in a Power Grid Blackstart ScenarioJan 28, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM ESTVirtualDiscussion of the DARPA Rapid Attack, Detection, Isolation, & Characterization Systems (RADICS) program where his team was responsible for conceiving, designing, & implementing an advanced cyber-physical range for the safe investigation of the outer limits on attack & response for the power grid.
- Keeping the Lights On! Protecting the Power GridFeb 04, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM ESTVirtualKey points addressed will include attacker motivations, the increasing convergence of IT and OT defense strategies, and the defenders advantage. He will also discuss the essential defenders toolkit and share a case study from his experiences in the field.
- The Current ICS/IoT Threat LandscapeFeb 17, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM ESTVirtualBryson will provide an overview of the ICS and IoT threat landscapes. The IoT elements will cover residential and industrial applications including common oversights made in the development, configuration, and deployment of IoT devices.
- IoT Skimmer: Energy Market Manipulation through High-Wattage IoT BotnetsMar 25, 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM EDTVirtualHow an "IoT Skimmer" – a massive botnet consisting of 1000s of connected high-wattage IoT devices & appliances, such as connected refrigerators, air conditioners and heaters, could cause sufficient demand-side power fluctuations to influence energy prices & financial damage targeting utility firms.
- Mission Kill Process Targeting in ICS AttacksJan 14, 1:00 PM – 2:30 PM ESTVirtualTypical conceptions of ICS targeting focus on direct disruption of organizations through a single, specific action resulting in total operational loss: opening breakers to interrupt electricity flow, or tripping a safety system to shut down a plant.