(CS)2AI ONLINE: Control System Security Incident Handling in the Fog of War
ABOUT THE OFFER
Control Systems are fundamental to the smooth functioning of huge areas of developed nations. Most are intended to operate with extremely little downtime and optimally none that isn’t planned for. Incidents do occur from many sources, and impacts can range from simple interruption of service to significant financial impact or even loss of life. Cyber security incidents have complications beyond their immediate impact, requiring forensic research and analysis not only to determine root causes but to ensure removal of threat actors' accesses and influences to prevent further incidents.
Questions addressed will include:
- Who should lead OT cyber security incident handling efforts?
- How does cyber security incident handling in Operational Tech differ from IT?
- What are some best practices to prepare for effective incident response?
- When should internal teams call on outside resources for help?
- Mark Bristow: Chief, Cyber Defense Coordination CISA Threat Hunting, DHS
Mark oversees Incident Response for the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) National Cybersecurity and Communications Integration Center (NCCIC), a combined effort between ICS-CERT and US-CERT. https://www.linkedin.com/in/markbristow/
- Jeff Hussey: Co-Founder, President & CEO, Tempered Networks
Jeff, who also founded F5 Networks, has a proven track record in the networking and security markets. He is passionate about making the internet more hardened, resilient, and secure. https://www.linkedin.com/in/jeff-hussey-a6628a7/
- Jake King: Co-founder & CEO, Cmd
Jake speaks and writes on numerous cyber security topics. He has particular interest in using AI and machine learning to cut through the fog of alert systems.
- Brent Gage: Cyber Security Specialist 1, SME at SecurityGate
Brent’s deep background in Oil & Gas cyber security, particularly in drilling and pipeline operations, informs his current work in automating security risk assessment processes. https://www.linkedin.com/in/brentgage/